Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easter

Hoppy Easter from our little Easter Bunnies


Somebunny Loves You!

Story time with Grandpa before bed

Let the Easter Egg Hunt begin







Owen, Ashley, Abigail, and Ellie




Our Easter weekend was hectic and busy but nevertheless we had a great time. We spent actual Easter Sunday with my family in Austin. Both of my brothers were in town with their families so it was fun to have all of the Peek siblings and cousins together. We didn't arrive into Austin until dinner Saturday night so unfortunately our visit with everyone flew by pretty fast, but regardless it was well worth the trip to spend such a powerful and meaningful Holiday with some of the people you love most.


Abigail is becoming quite the avid Easter Egg hunter. Then again it's hard not to be when every Easter you have 3-4 Easter Egg Hunts to attend. At one point Josh had to step in at one of the Easter Egg Hunts and politely tell her to put some of the eggs back...apparently her Easter basket was beyond full and to the point of overflowing. Luckily she didn't put up a fight and seemed content with giving back some of her eggs. I should mention that I wasn't at this particular Egg Hunt. I'm relaying the story as it was told by my husband, aka the one in charge of overseeing the lil' avid Easter Egg Hunter. Although her basket was embarassingly full he promised me that each egg was collected with proper egg hunting etiquette and that no one was harmed during the collection process. Seeing as how he was distracted with a 7 month old in his arms, I'm not so sure his recounting of the story is 100% accurate. So if you happen to be reading this and your son/daughter might have taken an elbow to the nose as Abigail blocked out in order to collect a shiny pink Easter egg...I apologize. I can't promise that her mommy didn't teach her a few techniques from her glory days of playing high school basketball, but I can promise that we will work on our manners and try our best to abide by any and all Easter Egg Hunt rules when next year rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment