Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cooper's Mustache Bash



















 
Well here we are, a month after Cooper's 1st birthday and I am just now getting around to posting pictures from Cooper's Mustache Bash.  As a matter of fact, today is actually Caroline's birthday and while I have plenty to say and plenty of pictures to post from Caroline's Rock Star Birthday Party the overachiever/perfectionist in me is determined to post my blogs in order.  So with that being said let's take a quick visit down memory lane and revisit our Little Man's Mustache Bash.

This particular party was one of my favorite themes to date that I have put together for one of my children.  While it probably wasn't executed and carried out to its fullest potential, I had the best time playing around on Pinterest and brainstorming countless ideas of how to tie together food, decorations, games, and facial hair.  Who knew Mustaches could be so much fun?  Apparently Josh did.  The minute the idea of throwing Cooper a Mustache Bash for his 1st Birthday was even mentioned, Josh started drawing up sketches in his mind of ways he could grow out his facial hair and sculpt it into something glorious...all for the sake of his son of course.  As a Young Life staff spouse I should have known better than to pick a birthday theme that would encourage my husband to go all out and dress/act in full character form.  After all, this is the same man that has an ongoing walk-on character at Young Life Club named Hoof Arted.

Nevertheless, the Mustache Bash was a hit!  From Mustache cookies to Mustache Trivia to even a Mustache Pull-String Pinata, every guest at one point or another was sporting a Stache.  In fact, it's debatable as to who had more fun...the adults or the kids.  Regardless, it was a great evening, complete with lots of laugh, lots of memories, and lots of facial hair.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate such a sweet Little Man who has captured such a Big place in so many hearts in just 12 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment