Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Look Who's Turning Two!

Getting Ready for Caroline's ABC Birthday Party
 Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Look Who's Turning Two!


ABC Party Favors

Caroline's Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Picture Tree


 Delicious Alphabet Cookies that Grammy made
Caroline, Hattie, and Abigail making Alphabet Necklaces

 Two Peas in a Pod...Caroline hugging one of her BFFs Leah

 Caroline blowing out her candles with assistance from Leah



 Opening presents with Grammy and Grandpa

On September 14th, our sweet Caroline turned 2!  I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that 2 years have flown by since that precious moment at 10:55pm when we first welcomed Caroline into our arms.  Is it really possible that enough time has passed by to where our sweet baby girl is in fact no longer a baby but instead a Big Sister herself?  Can someone please just hit the "pause" button so that we can slow down and enjoy these little years before they pass us by and and we're too old to even remember them?

My Sweet Caroline,

It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating your first steps.  Now we are doing all that we possibly can, even if it means sprinting at times, just in order to keep up with you.  You have never been one to really sit back and watch life pass you by and while it can be exhausting at times trying to keep up with you, it's this same energy and passion for life that I admire most about you.  You live life to the fullest each and every day and bring a whole new meaning to the phrase, "Go Big or Go Home".  While you and Abigail may be spitting images of each other at times, you have made sure to create a personality that is unique to you and capable of leaving its' own mark on this world without always falling beneath the shadows of your Big Sister.  It's no secret you are loud.  Whether you are happy, sad, frustrated, or excited your initial response to most situations is to scream.  And while it can be deafening at times, I thank God for this same voice because I know it will be a powerful instrument He will use in the future to bring Glory and Honor to His Name.  While you may be loud, vibrant, and outgoing on the outside, something else I love and admire about you is the fact that you are equally as tender, compassionate, and loving on the inside.  The way you love and adore your siblings, especially your Big Sister is enough to melt any parent's heart.  While you have your fair share of arguments and bouts of being overly possessive when it comes to crying out "Mine!", you also have this extreme level of protectiveness and concern for others unlike any other 2 year old I have ever seen.  I love the phase of life you are entering into...the phase of exploration and discovery, the phase where communication changes from chopped up sentences and phrases to all-out conversations we can carry on back and forth with one another...so much change and so much growth is ahead of you.  Before I get too far ahead of myself though, I just want to thank you for the overwhelming Joy you have filled my life with over this past year.  From singing your ABC's to telling "secrets" at the dinner table to imitating all of Daddy's silly songs and chants, you bring so much laughter, love, and joy to our home and our hearts...my cup truly overflows.  It's an honor and a privilege to be your Mommy!  Happy Birthday sweet girl. I love you!

Love,
Mommy

Daddy's Precious Caroline,

There is no doubt when you are in a room people that know me know that you are my daughter. Most people say you look just like your big sister and your mommy which makes you beautiful, but your character reminds most people of me. You personality is BIG and your spirit is contagious. Those same things have always been said about your daddy, and I just had to learn how to balance that in my life and use those things to lead in a positive direction. In watching you I have no doubt you will be a strong leader when you understand what it means to lead. My prayer is that you will always choose to lead others in love so that they might fall in love with Jesus. It makes my heart overflow to hear you scream your prayers, to hear you yell your ABC's, to listen as you sing your chapel songs loudly, and when you imitate me saying, "Hey pretty lady" to your mommy. You are truly one of the great personalities in my life and for that I will always be thankful. My Sweet Caroline, our home would not be complete without you. You not only bring a lot of laughter, but your heart is full of compassion towards others. I know you don't even know what that means yet, but someday it will change someone's life or maybe hundreds of lives. I love you all the way to the moon and back...and i always will, just in case you ever wonder.

Love,
Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Hi would you mind sharing which material is the palm tree with pictures made out of ??

    ReplyDelete