Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Caroline!

September 14th, 2010
1 Month Old

2 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months Old

5 Months Old

6 Months Old

7 Months Old

8 Months Old

9 Months Old

10 Months Old

11 Months Old

1 Year Old


Can someone please tell me where this past year has gone? How can it be that my little baby is already 1? It seems like just yesterday we were welcoming our Sweet Little Caroline into this world and now here we are 12 months later celebrating her 1st Birthday.


My Dearest Caroline, Where do I even begin? I knew going into this that my hands were going to be full. After all, what do you expect when you have 2 little princesses only 22 months apart and both under the age of 3 running around? I knew there would be moments where I would question my sanity and wonder if I was ever going to survive this so-called Parenthood thing. I even knew that no matter how hard I tried to stay on top of documenting every "1st moment" you came across this past year that I would still fail to finish your baby book (don't worry, Abigail doesn't have a "completed" one either). What I didn't know however is that being a mommy to not just 1 but 2 little girls would be the greatest and most life changing task I would ever be given. No matter how exhausted I may be at the end of the day, the last thing I think about before I go to bed and the first thing I look forward to seeing when I wake up is you and your big sissy. For some reason I always pictured myself being a mom to many boys, so you can imagine the shock and somewhat fear when I realized that instead I was going to be living in a world of bows, princesses, and lots of drama. Any fear I ever had however melted away when I first held you and your sister in my arms. Your bright blue eyes are absolutely stunning and to this day still manage to take my breath away each and every time I get to stare into them. The way you bury your head into my shoulder and put your arms around me each time I ask for "snuggles" is the greatest and biggest paycheck I will ever receive as a mom. While you are possibly the loudest baby I know and I have often threatened to take stock in earplugs, I also know that a day without your loud babble and squawking would be the loneliest and most incomplete day for me. The goofy manner in which you play and chase Wrigley and Abigail around the house never ceases to put a smile on my face. I love watching you learn from your big sissy. From sign language to dancing you catch on so quickly and the manner in which you proudly smile and applaud yourself for doing so is priceless. While you rarely use the word "MaMa" in your everyday vocabulary, I know I have a huge place in your heart by the way your face lights up and you make a mad dash for me anytime I walk into the room. Thank you for bringing joy to my life each and every day. I love you more than you'll ever know.


Happy 1st Birthday Sissy,
Mommy



Sweet Caroline, It's so true that the "good times never seemed so good" until you came around. Your first year went by so fast, and I know this next year will go by just as quickly so I want you to know I cherish your little spirit and hope that it doesn't "quiet" down now that you're 1. As my little princess you have the ability to light up any room I walk in when you announce to anyone that will listen that I'm "DaDa"! You're precious, yet crooked, smile melts my heart every time I see it. Those blistering blue eyes can cut straight through me and I know that for this season of life I have your heart...and that means the world to me. The way you talk loud, mimic your sister, tease mommy, follow Wrigley, and attempt to clap for yourself are some of the best parts of my day everyday. I love you so much and thank God that he has given me another little princess to point towards His Kingdom.


Happy Birthday Sissy,

Daddy

1 comment:

  1. There is no way she is a year old....seems like yesterday she was in a car seat at a baby shower!!

    ReplyDelete