Thursday, November 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Abigail!


Precious Abigail,


It’s amazing and unbelievable at the same time that you are 3 years old today. So much has happened since you turned 2 that it’s hard for me to squeeze it all into one year in my mind. You have become an excellent big sister to Caroline, you decided you wanted to wear panties, so potty training happened fast…even to the point of you are now sleeping in panties instead of pull-ups…you have become quite the entertainer, and your heart is so pure when you pray every night for “all my friends and all my family.” Abigail, you are an amazing little girl.


A highlight for me this year was just before we went to “Trunk or Treat” at our church. You were so confident when we put that Cinderella dress on you that you had actually become a princess and it was priceless. Then, when you looked at me and told me I needed to wear a suit to be your prince my heart was yours. If I didn’t have a suit, I would have bought one that day just to be your prince because of the sincerity you asked me with. That night will forever be one of the most special nights in my life as a daddy.


I love you all the way to the top of the ice cream cone, you little stinker. Thanks for making me feel like your prince every day.


Love,

Daddy




My Sweet Baby Girl,


I can't believe we are celebrating your 3rd birthday! Where did the "two's" even go? Whoever came up with the phrase "terrible two's" clearly hasn't met you. There was nothing remotely terrible about this past year. In fact, the last 12 months with you have been my favorite to date. In almost an instant it seems like you went from being this completely dependent, introverted 1 year old to Miss Independent, "give me a stage and I will perform for anyone who will watch", loud and proud toddler. There is seriously never a dull moment with you. Whether it's singing songs with you in the car, watching you perform for Daddy and me at home, or simply just observing you and Sissy laugh and act silly together as I pick up around the house at the end of a long day, there is not a moment that goes by where you don't put a smile on my heart. Already I can see God creating a unique and special friendship between us that is bound to only grow stronger and closer as time goes on. I love that God has created you to be a joyful person full of passion for life and for others. Some of the dearest and most tender moments we have shared over the past year have been in the evenings as we lay down to snuggle, read, and pray for our family and friends. It blows my mind how at such a young age you already have the capacity to grasp just how Awesome God is and how much He truly loves you and looks after you.


I could not be more proud to be your mommy. As much as I want to hit the snooze button most mornings when you run into our bedroom and jump up in between Daddy and me on the bed, truth be told it's moments like those that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. I love you to the Moon and back. Happy Birthday my Little Stinker!


Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment