Saturday, August 11, 2012

Showered With Love

 The Baby Shower had a western theme to go along with the cowboy theme I am using for Cooper's nursery
 Merydwen Peschel of My Delightful Designs designed yet another adorable baby shower invitation
 What better way to a pregnant mommy's heart than yummy mocha cupcakes...the most delicious cupcakes you will ever have.  Thank you Rae!
 My sweet friend Shana made this precious cowboy diaper cake
 Even the drinks had a western touch to them with the ol' fashioned Mason Jars
 My friend Jenny came up with this creative touch...she used this rustic wagon wheel as a memo board where guests could write and then hang special prayers up for Cooper

 A BIG "Thank You" goes out to all of my sweet friends who set aside a few hours of their Saturday to come and shower me with lots of hugs and love
 A special touch that just about brought out the "ugly cry" in me.  Skyping with one of my best friends, Sarah Seefeldt...live from Cairo, Egypt!
 Abigail, Caroline, and soon-to-be Cooper's favorite babysitter...Miss Kelly
 My roomie from college, Megan, made the trip in from San Antonio to celebrate with me and the rest of my friends.

The Hostesses: Shelby, Echo, Jenny, Charla, and Cara (not pictured-Shana)

About a month ago, my dear friends from our small group threw a baby shower for Cooper and me.  From the decorations to the food to the sweet time of prayer, they put extra love and care into each and every detail in order to make sure it was a special time of celebration for me and my little buckaroo.  They even arranged for one of my best friends who is currently living in Egypt to Skype in during the shower so she could be a part of our prayer time together.  Not a day goes by where I am not blown away by the overflow of love and support we are showered with from our friends and family here in Kerrville.  I thank God for His perfect timing and for bringing the right people into our lives with whom we can serve with, laugh with, cry with, and simply do life with.

2 comments:

  1. Sally, you are so, so beautiful! I miss you!!!! Boo~ :(
    Can't wait to see you again and to meet sweet little Cooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see some good baby props for newborn pics :) (the chest and wagon wheel)

    ReplyDelete