Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Any Day Now...




The wait is on here in the Smithson household. With less than 48 hours to go until Abigail's due date we are anxiously awaiting her arrival. We went to the doctor for a check-up on Monday and unfortunately no progress was made from the last appointment. As of Monday I was still dilated at 2 cm and about 50% effaced. We have another appointment set up for next Monday morning in case nothing happens between now and then. At that point we will start looking at options for inducing. In the meantime Josh and I are hoping that Abigail will decide to take matters into her own hands and join us sometime over the next few days. They say crazy things happen when there's a full moon and it just so happens that there is a full moon tonight! Although I'm trying to not get my hopes up, I will say that I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Everything here on the home front is ready to go. The nursery is done, the bags are packed, the grandparents are on stand-by...now all we need is Miss Abigail to join us! Thank you for all of your prayers and support. We have been showered with emails and phone calls from family and friends over the past few days in anticipation of our little one's arrival. I can promise you this, there is no one more anxious or excited than her Mommy and Daddy. We will definitely keep you posted over the next few days. In the meantime I'm going to try and do my best to make the most of the sleepless nights, the uncomfortable aches and pains, the waddling, and of course the excuse of "needing" ice cream every night before I go to bed.

It's hard to believe our 9 month journey will be over soon. We're looking forward to this new chapter in our life. We can't wait to meet this precious angel that the Lord has blessed us with.

Psalm 139: 13-16

13 For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
Your works are wonderful,
I know full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
When I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
Were written in your book
Before one of them came to be.

We love you and hope to be introducing Abigail Rose Smithson to you soon!

Love,
Sally

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for starting a family blog! This is such a great way for friends/family to keep up with what's going on in your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though your Dad keeps missing the alpaca births, and thus lacks that helpful preparation, he's ready to see yours. Time's a wastin'. Let's get on with it Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Abigail,

    Grammy and Grandpa can't wait to hold you. Your Mommy and Daddy are getting tired of our phonecalls to check up on you, so please show your pretty face soon! We've loved you even before your were conceived and promise to love you more every day.

    Love,
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Abigail,
    I'm sorry I missed seeing you at the hospital, but your Mom and Dad and YOU don't need to get the cold that I have! When I am well I will be over to your house and hold you for a long time.
    Love,
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete